Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday

Well it turned out to be another summer day after a 7 AM wake up. The evening before was quite traumatic as Nancy experienced a stomach bug which kept her in terrible pain and in the bathroom. She managed to make it through the night after a couple glasses of ginger(spice) in plain water. That spice is one of the best when ever your having any kind of stomach pain. She felt much better this morning and as the day wore on despite having sore tummy muscles from all her upchucking. I'm really surprised I didn't catch the bug as we both ate the same supper; but so far so good for me. We had to postpone one day of our visit with sister Dee and Mike as we wanted to make sure we weren't contagious.

I headed out to check on the wildlife trap after my quiet time and a lite breakfast of fruit only. I was disappointed the trap was empty but delighted that no more damage was evident to the few remaining corn stalks. I still have a couple dozen ears left in the patch. I think the reason they never came back was I took a tarp that we had been using to cover the gate and I think the coons were using it as a way to climb over the fence. Anyhow I left the trap baited for another night and the tarp off once again at the gate.

I picked up a load of rocks from the roadway on the way back home and then did a few piddly jobs around the garden which had me in a deep sweat. It was so humid today and the temps were in the middle 80's. I had to set in the basement a couple time throughout the day to just cool off; last week it was cool enough to keep the cabin windows closed. Jodi and Gerald came up for the week-end and she came by for a visit and both of them came around 6:30 for Spades. Well it was a guys night and we beat the gals 3 games of Spades in a row. I think that was the best we ever played and we were only set twice during the whole night.

We got a nice shower of rain around 5 PM and it lasted for nearly an hour which really cooled things down compared to what it had been earlier. Tomorrow is worship at Cornerstone then Dee and Mike should be here in the early afternoon hours. They will be staying a couple nights, LATER

No comments: