Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday

Once again it was a super nice morning with temp's near 60 with a little fog. The fog didn't last long and it was very light just enough to keep the temps nice. After a 7:30 wake up we did our quiet times then I took 4 patty's of sausage outside to the grill and fried them while Nancy had 4 biscuits in the oven. She then fried up a couple eggs and we had the proverbial sausage, egg, biscuit for breakfast; McDonald's eat your heart out. I of course lathered mine with fresh ground horseradish and then had a V-8 to wash it down.

After eating I headed out to check on the gardens then started the washing machine for Nancy; then I began to wash used wine bottles and disinfect them as it was time to rack my Pinot Noir I had been cooking since June. That took me about 2 hours to complete that process then we decided to take off for the first of our two hikes today. I drove the golf cart to the top of the mountain then we walked the circuit back and forth across the top. Nancy's heel is starting to really heal but still too tender to wear shoes so she wore open heeled tennis shoes. We stopped and visited with Joe and Jetta for awhile as they have been gone since last Thursday up to Charleston W.Va to visit with a sick relative. It was good to see and visit with them again and she blessed us with another mess of fresh picked 1/2 runner green beans as well as a cucumber.

It was close to 1 PM by the time we got back to the cabin and have lunch. Nancy made a chef's salad using many of our items from the garden. The fresh cukes and 'maters made it awesome with a little extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and a dash of Jane's Crazy Salt. After lunch which was going on 2 PM I decided we needed to wash and wax the truck as well as detail the inside. I pulled the truck into the shade of the front yard and then we went to work. We vacuumed, washed the windows and used some armor all on the interior as well as washed out the bed. Wow did it ever look good for a 6 year old truck. That took us about 2 hours and then Nancy took off on the golf cart for the mail box while I put away all the equipment we used on the truck.

We headed in for a rest; she on the computer and me in front of the Olympics until it was time to make a supper of tacos and burritos. Once again lots of fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro, cucumbers, hot peppers, cheese and ground meat with taco seasoning. After eating and the clean-up she wanted to take another walk so we headed out to the mailbox on foot. This is my first day of attempting two hikes since I injured my knee in June. We have a couple 13 degree hills and several around 11 degrees coming in our road and especially my driveway. I can feel the extra on my knee tonight but I need to get back in shape and fast as I have my yearly physical on the 12th. Oh well!!! Tomorrow is a travel day as we will head to Blowing Rock for lunch and then a trip out to the Mast General Store with our "mountain mom" and her brother Joe, LATER

No comments: