Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday

Well it was just a beautiful morning with temps in the low 60's to start the day so after our quiet times we had a lite breakfast. After eating  I loaded up the golf cart with some fertilizer and headed to the top of the mountain to the corn patch. There was some fog on top and the skies looked as if it was going to rain so the working conditions were excellent. I saw where several stalks of corn had been torn down and broken in half. I saw no animal tracks so it must have been crows or some small animal but the corn patch is fenced and I have no idea what would tear the stalks in half.

After the corn patch was fertilized, a few weeds hoed and pulled I headed back to the cabin to pick up Nancy on the golf cart. She is still suffering from that huge blister on her heel which is starting to heal but she is still unable to walk with a tennis shoe or boot on her foot. We parked at the Browning's driveway then walked to the other end and then back to pick up the golf cart before heading back down off the mountain. We decided to eat a fresh salad for lunch so I picked some lettuce, endive, basil and Nasturtium leaves along with fresh cucumbers and home grown tomato's, yeow was that ever dewisheous with a little Greek dressing.

After lunch I put a pot of green peanuts on the outside fire. I had a fire under them for about 3 hours and wow were they ever good when we decided to dig into them around 4:30. We ate so many we cut our supper plans in half and settled for Brussels sprouts with Dijon mustard and left over smoked deer from Sunday's supper at the Dalton's. Wow that was as good leftover as the day it was prepared.

I did another fixer up on the last of the fire circle benches which was suffering some wood rot; this time I used some pressure treated remnants which hopefully will last longer. I also replaced a section of the lower gardens fence which broke apart. Nancy was wondering around the yard with her camera taking shots of her flowers and the insects that feed off them, she has really perfected her picture taking. Well after supper she wanted to try a walk down the drive with her tennis shoes on and after about a 1/3 of the way down she could feel the rub on her blister so I brought her back up the hill in the golf cart where she donned some sandals and then walked around the yard. The temp was down to 71 and she felt invigorated. I was feeling all the up and down trips in the yards and gardens in my knees so I passed on the walk with her.









We just spoke with Amy as they are on their way to Tyler's home town from Kansas City which is about a 5 hour drive. Ava is riding with Rylian and her folks which is Tyler's sister Holly in their car as those 2 really gel together. Rylain is about 6 months or so younger than Ava. Sam has already remembered great grand-dad Sonny and his tractor so I'm sure he will get lots of rides at the farm with him later this week. Well that's about it for today as it starting to get dark and the night bugs are singing their songs, especially the cicada's. Its time to tune into the Olympics, LATER

No comments: