Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday

Well it was another morning in the low 60's and even though it got close to 80 it was a beautiful day with a slight breeze and some cloudiness that kept it quite nice all day long. The kids woke up around 6:30 with Sam coughing and after a juice he seemed to calm down and the coughing eased most of the day. I fried up some sausage patties outside on the grille along with some cackle berries and Nancy cooked up some grits that Tyler bought at Mabry Mills, yikes was that ever some good eatin'.

I took the kids to the top of the mountain on the golf cart and we visited with Zeke and Jetta. The kiddos just love Zeke and most all the dogs and cats they were around the past week and looked forward to seeing him each day was we visited on top. After our ride I did a little garden work; pulling a few weeds, hoeing the plants in my upper garden and fertilizing. The leg or knee seems to be getting a little stronger each day and I'm able to do some garden work. I can still feel the area where the injury occurred but with a little rest and elevating the leg a couple times a day I think eventually I will be able to run and play again, hopefully.

We ate some left overs for lunch then the gang all took a long hike to the top so I did one of my rest numbers on the leg and read for a couple hours. I looked as if it was going to storm a couple times but eventually passed us by. We had about a 1/2 inch of rain yesterday so the ground had plenty of moisture. We took the kiddos on a couple more golf cart rides throughout the afternoon and finally settled on the back porch in the shade until it was time to start supper.

Nancy made chicken fried deer steak and it was excellent, she even made a milk gravy from the crunchies in the pan and we put that over Jasmine rice and with a fresh salad and some cooked cauliflower and broccoli we had a feast, wow many thanks to the Dalton Gang for this dewisheous venison. After supper and the clean up I made a fire in the fire pit and we made smores for the kiddos, both of them were little chocolate mud puppies with their faces covered in the fixen's. I then burned several bags of trash  as the kiddos helped me pick up sticks in the back woods yard for the fire. Sam wanted to ride on the lawn mower again so we rode around the yard while Tyler kept the trash heap burning and Nancy took Ava and Amy on a golf cart ride.





Well the kids have got their baths and are into the Chipmunk's movie so Amy and Tyler are doing some packing and getting their showers so they can leave around 7 in the morning. This week just flew by and it will be definitely quiet around for the next week. We've had such a great time and just ate way too much. Later..Here are few pics from this past couple days.  

No comments: