Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday

Well the morning started after sleep in until nearly 7 AM. The temps were in the high 60's and the sun was shining with bright blue skies overhead and dew dripping from the roof. Yikes was it ever peaceful and so serene. Nancy did her quiet time out on the side deck with her cup of hot coffee and I settled for a cup of hot green tea at the computer. She was a little sore after the trail ride yesterday as its been years since she has ridden a horse. I had nothing planned for the day that would require me to over work the knee so after a couple eggs and a bowl of grits I ventured outside.

I checked the gardens and pulled a few weeds as well as used some miracle grow to feed all the potted flowering plants on the porches. I worked up an area in the upper garden for some radish seeds then headed down to the lower garden to pick a cucumber and stake a volunteer tomato plant which has now reached about 3 feet in height. I have no idea the type of tomato plant but it sure looks healthy.

We decided to head out to the top with Nancy hiking and me riding in the golf cart. I wanted to check on the corn patch at Norms and do some gardening for him if needed but he wasn't there so I decided to wait for another day. I stopped and visited with Fred and Brenda for a few moments as they are back from Florida for a week or so. Nancy was already there as she hiked up through the woods by their place. After that visit we stopped and visited with Joe, Jetta and Zeke. I think Zeke really misses all the grand kids playing with him nearly everyday they were here. He is such a nice dog. We headed on back to the cabin and I decided to dig up my garlic bulbs. I would guess I harvested a couple pounds of raw garlic bulbs that I planted last Fall.

After a lite lunch of a fresh garden salad we piddled around outside when the skies became dark and the winds picked. We saw on the Internet where a large mass of severe weather was heading our way from Virginia. We unplugged everything as lightening and thunder was bouncing around the mountain as well as a rain shower. The severe weather passed us by but it rained for about an hour or so before the skies cleared off. I spent the time reading while waiting on the weather to clear. Bobby called as well as did Amy and they are getting lots of rain in Florida as well.

I started the grill for some spare ribs and Nancy sauteed squash, onions and green pepper and we put that over Jasmine Rice for supper. Yeow was that ever good with a little soy sauce.We heard our neighbors Gerald, Jodie and Gabriel arrive from the Raleigh area and they came up to the cabin after supper around 7 to play cards. Once again we played a couple hours and the games were split with a win for each team in the game of Spades. The temps have really cooled off for the evening and the night bugs are really loud, LATER

No comments: