Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday

Well I was up at the crack of dawn for a change and wow did I ever enjoy being up that early. It was so quiet with Nancy still in bed and I was able to do my few quiet moments with no distractions except for the drip of the dew as it fell from the bump out onto the lower tin roof. It was in the high 50's to start the day and eventually reached 80 on our back porch in the early afternoon. I headed out to check on the gardens after a couple leftover buckwheat cakes for breakfast. I wound up dragging out the hose as its been days since it rained and the gardens needed a drink. Wouldn't you know it every time I drag out the hose it rains and that just what happened this evening around 6:30. We had a good downfall and thought it was hailing as the rain was that heavy.

I headed up to check on the corn patch at the top of the mountain and found where the corn maybe ready in a couple days especially after this nice rain this evening. I loaded up a load of rocks on the golf cart that Roddy had kicked up on the back road with his tractor last week-end and then deposited them on my bank in the back yard. I went back for a second load as well. Afterwards we got ready to take our daily hike so off we went to the top. Once again I made it up the back trail without a stop and then we made it all the way to the top without stopping. We saw no other folks on our hike then headed on back to the cabin for a bite of lunch.

I did some chores as we were having our "mountain mom" and Joe over for supper. I vacuumed and them chopped fresh cabbage so Nancy could make a Cole Slaw. She had a pot of pintos cooking as well. I fried up the last of the bass and wow was that ever tasty with the slaw and beans. Nancy fixed hot fudge cake with vanilla ice cream and whip cream for dessert, Yikes I actually broke down and had a bowl full. Tomorrow morning I'm heading out with our friend DJ to Stone Mountain for a hike and later for a shoot as he is driving up from Clemmons for the day. Hopefully the rain will hold off as we had a wonderful shower this evening which really cooled down the temps, LATER

No comments: