Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday

Well we started the morning a little earlier with a 7 AM wake up instead of 8:30. The birds were singing and the dew was dripping from the roof  as we did our quiet times and had our hot drinks. I decided to finish the couple left over buckwheat cakes for breakfast and they were as good as the morning she made them. After the cleanup I headed out to work in the garden as it was just a gorgeous morning. I loaded up the wedges and sledge hammer and headed out to a stump in the back woods yard that needed some attention. I try to cause splits in the stump which allows for insects and the weather to work on breaking down the stump which eventually I will dig out by hand.

I headed out to the mailbox to get a belated card in the mail to another August birthday for our nephew. After that trip we decided to get our hike in for the day. We stopped on top and visited with Jetta and Zeke as Joe had to go back to Charleston for a sick relative in the hospital. Jetta gave us some money plant seeds as they are growing everywhere in her flower gardens. After the hike I sowed or broad casted the seeds into our flower beds then we had a bite of lunch. I sliced up a cucumber and tomato along with some fresh onions and a dollop of mayo, wow was that ever tasty but lots of calories.

I headed down under the deck to work on a couple rockers that needed a second coat of paint as well as one of the fire circle benches. That kept me busy for a couple hours until it was time to head out to get the mail. Once again I received a belated birthday card with a gift card, yeow this has been a 3 day celebration and many thanks to all who made it special.

We were having Helen and Joe for supper so we vacuumed and I deboned the bass fillets. I also chopped up a small cabbage for some Cole slaw. The supper was awesome with fried bass, Cole slaw, 1/2 runner green beans and white Jasmine rice cooked in chicken broth. Joe made a pound cake with chocolate icing. Yikes was that ever good eatin'.

After Helen and Joe left around 7; Jodie, Gerald and Gabriel came up to play domino's of which Jodie won. We then played one game of Spades and the guys finally whupped the gals big time. Well it was close to 10 when we called it a night and turned on the Olympics, LATER

No comments: