Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday

Well we slept in this morning after celebrating last night with cards and watching the Olympics until after midnight. The temp's were in the high 60's with lots of clouds and high humidity. After our quiet times Nancy made buckwheat cakes with a banana in the batter around 9:30 which lasted me until supper time. I headed out to check on the gardens after breakfast and found another small spaghetti squash on the vine. I now have 3 of them and hopefully they will make it to maturity. I had to make several out of state calls and then I got in touch with my old friend Walt so we set a tentative date to have breakfast on Friday morning at the Pines Restaurant in Sparta after my yearly physical.

Nancy and I took off around noon for our one an only hike of the day. It was quiet on top of the mountain until we got to Joe and Jetta place. After a short visit with them we headed on back. Jetta made some delicious Zucchini muffins and gave each of us one, wow were they ever tasty as that turned out to be my lunch. I headed down in the basement to finish bottling my Pinot Noir and all I need is to put the labels on the bottles and then I will be finished with that project.

I then brought the rocking chair Helen gave me down below the deck and gave it a base coat of paint while Nancy headed out to the mailbox on the golf cart. I received a couple more birthday cards in the mail today along with our tax bill for the cabin for this next year, Yikes!!! Oh well!!! Yesterday a great day with so many well wishes. Thanks to all who made it special. It was nearly 4 o'clock so I settled down to watch the Olympics until it was time to grill the bratwurst. Nancy fixed some 1/2 runner beans and then sauteed some peppers and onions to go with the brats and along with a fresh salad we had a sumptuous meal. After the clean up we headed out to wonder around in the yard and check for beetles which somehow have all disappeared; either from me crunching them or it was their time to leave.

Jodie, Gerald and Gabriel came up around 6:30 so we played 5 Crowns with Jodie as the winner then we played the rubber game of the Spades game from last night and the gals won when I made a tactical error after the guys were leading them by over 300 points. Oh well!!! LATER

No comments: