Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday

Well the morning started with a 7:45 wake up, wow was it ever great sleeping and we nearly over slept with the soft gentle rain on the tin roof; anyhow we finally rolled out and after our quiet times we each did our own thing for breakfast. Nancy did the boring bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and I made the great morning breakfast sandwich of; pumpernickel bread toasted and slathered with mayo and a couple fried eggs with the yoke broken, sliced tomato and a couple sliced dill pickles. The only thing I left off was a slice of sweet vidalia onion(I wanted to spare all my church friends).

We headed out to Cornerstone for worship and to visit with all of our mountain friends as well. The praise music was awesome and Pastor B had another great message. Afterwards we headed home as it looked as if it was going to rain again at any moment. We came home and I had a bowl of leftover bean soup and Nancy did tuna fish on pumpernickel. I settled into the Little League World Series and basically didn't leave the couch the rest of the afternoon as the fog came in as well as the rain around supper time. I did venture out to check on the temps and I don't believe it got over 65 all day and we never saw the sun at all. We needed the rain as its been nearly a week since the last measurable rain fell.

We did a lite supper of baked potato, Cole slaw, sliced cucumber and tomato, yikes was that ever tasty. Well we sure missed our hike for the day but with the rain and fog and the cool temps we decided to stay in where it was warm. I closed all the windows and Nancy was still wearing sweat shirt and pants with big fuzzy socks and of course I was barefooted with shorts on but it was 60 degrees at 7 PM and probably going down much colder for the night. The cabin was warm and cozy, LATER

No comments: