Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Monday

The morning was much the same with Chester crowing around 5 in the morning and my quiet time before a bowl of fruit for breakfast then a ride out to the rec for an hour and half of pickle ball. I cut it short today as I wanted to paint the flat roof a white elastomeric paint. This will help reflect the hot sun light as well as protect the roof. I started on the roof and tried to paint only where the oak tree shaded as it was terribly hot up there despite the strong breeze that had gusts up to 20 mph. I painted nearly 2/3 of the roof with a 5 gal. bucket of paint before quitting and heading to Home Depot for another. By then it was nearly 4 PM and I had run out of shade and energy as the sun just zaps you with the reflection off the roof. I hope to finish that job in the next day or so as I want to give it 2 coats.

Nancy brought GG over for lunch as she had driven her to an eye appointment in Clearwater for most of the morning. Amy and the kiddos came as well. Sam was really missing me as I ate lunch with them then headed back up onto the roof. He kept going to where the ladder was against the roof looking for me, but I need to get these jobs done as we leave in  3 weeks for the cabin; at least that is the plan for now. It's hard to believe tomorrow(today)is the first of May. The weather here is hot and muggy and we are looking forward to some cool mornings in the mountains.

I just remembered I retired after 30 years with the Florida Highway Patrol on this date in 2004, yikes where did those years go so fast. I ran into an old friend at Sam's who I broke in as a rookie trooper and who is about to retire as well. He has the same dreams of having a small cabin but in the Colorado mountains as he and his wife plan their future beyond the FHP. He advised me the Patrol has changed so much in past couple years that he will not miss it either. Good Luck Bobby and Jackie Lanese in your new adventure called retirement.

Well not much new except the Rays were in an extra inning game with the Mariners and were also tied for first place in their division, Go Rays.   LATER

No comments: