Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Monday

Well the days are drawing close for our departure and I'm getting in that mood of catching up on little things that I've postponed and can barely sleep at nights in anticipation of all the things that are on my plate at the cabin, yikes!!! The day started much the usual with Chester at 5'ish in the morning, of course I was awake already and so I just got up and did my quiet time and had a bowl of oatmeal and played around on the Internet until it was time to ride out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. We had a good crowd considering many have left for the summer and another one tomorrow. The play was fast with some good rallies and all total we had 10 players for the day. I'm still not completely over this sinus drain so I cut out a little early but still had a wet shirt.

After a quick stop at the library to return a couple books I headed home to work outside in the garden. I repotted a couple tomato plants as they were getting to big to leave in the ground as these are the ones I will take with me as well as a new vine I'm growing for the backyard arbor. I want to get them root bound in a pot so that when I set them out in the garden they should take off. I fed my Zinnias with some Miracle Grow and planted more marigolds as the ones I have are getting so big and are all starting to bloom. I will have a limited amount of space for traveling and these are just getting almost to big. The peppers I'm taking to the cabin are also starting to bloom and set peppers so I hope I can dig them up successfully for transplanting as I've maybe gotten them to big, Oh well!!!

Nancy had taken her mom to the eye glass store and now Nancy has decided she needs new ones as well so we are trying to get that in as well plus all of her other doctors appointments. We see a heart doctor on Tuesday, yikes this post menopausal era is driving me nuts.Nancy brought her mother back here for lunch and Amy and the kiddos came as well. The kiddos are so cute and Sam is talking like a magpie and he and Ava play so well together. I set an listen to their conversations and they really do interact quite well. We took GG home on our way to Sam's Club for some meats that we are preparing for house church on Wednesday and for Mother's Day this Sunday as well as to check on their eye glasses. Well Nancy did not like their frames so it back to another store and an exam which is more costly of course, oh well!!

Her mother called after Nancy drove her back to the eye glass store and said her new glasses were blurry in the one eye so I guess we will have to take her back for a redo tomorrow. We ate lite for supper with a garden salad and a baked potato as we had eaten leftover's for lunch. After the clean up I headed out to water and go for a bike ride as Nancy was having some aches and pains. I think its heartburn but she is convinced its her heart, oh well!!! I wish she would give up coffee for awhile as I think its giving her acid reflux, thus causing heartburn and indigestion problems.

I stopped and talked with our friend and a/c man in the hood and he gave me a sack of tomatoes his step daughter picked down in Ruskin over the week-end. A 5 gallon bucket for a $1.00 whereas we are paying a $1.69 a package in the store and they taste like cardboard. I headed home and picked him a sack of collards and kale which he was thrilled with as well, besides I need to use up these two vegetables as the heat will soon cause them to wilt despite my watering twice a day. Well I've rambled long enough, LATER

No comments: