Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday

Well another busy day that started with a wake up around 6 and for some reason I've been programed at that time,but I managed to roll over and sleep in until nearly 7 before starting the day with a cup of hot green tea as I took a few minutes to reflect and give thanks for all blessings in life. After my quiet moments I headed down below to check on the gardens and give them a drink before getting ready to out to Cornerstone for worship. Wow was it ever great to see lots of old friends again, give and receive tons of hugs and handshakes. Pastor B had a great message and there was a tear jerker video tribute to those who now serve and once served our nation in the Armed Forces. After the service we headed to Lowes and the veggie stand for some goodies before heading home.

After a lite lunch of leftover chicken and rice we headed out on the golf cart to visit with Russ and Linda who are down from Ohio and are staying at their almost complete cabin. After there we stopped and visited with Joyce and Dan who are up for the long week-end  as well and live a couple hours away. We had good visits with them both as been nearly a year since we last saw them. We headed back to the cabin and I transplanted a cantaloupe and aloe plant that Jodi gave me. I then hand watered the gardens before we headed out to the Dalton farm for supper.

We had grilled burgers and dogs, baked beans, a fresh garden salad, chips and dip and Nancy made a coconut cream pie for dessert. The girls visited the horses and we got a few shots great pics of her new leopard Appaloosa horse as well as her other horses. Caleb and I played a game of corn hole and he whupped me good as did Gerald(Caleb's grand father). Its been awhile since I've last throw a bean bag but we had a good time and I finally made a few good throws towards the end. After eating we cleared off the table and got in the best of 5 games of Sequence. The guys won the first 2 games then dropped the next 3 in the first match of the season. Caleb filled in for his dad Andy who we missed and hopefully he will be back around the middle of June.

Well is was after 9 before got back to the cabin and it was just starting to get pitch black and when I say pitch black in the mountains its totally black, LATER

No comments: