Friday, May 4, 2012

Thursday

Wow, did I ever pick up a head cold and it's just causing my nose to run as well as lots sneezing so I'm having to carry a handkerchief with me where ever I go. Its not like me to be kept down so after my quiet time and a lite breakfast of fruit I pedalled out to the rec for an hour and a half of pickle ball. Only one other player showed up so we played 5 sets of singles at 15 points each before we both decided it was too much work. His shirt was soaked as was mine. I stopped off at the library for a couple new reads before heading home to water the gardens. I decided to continue on the OTC antihistamine at 1/2 strength as well as doubling up on the garlic and Vit C. I don't really feel bad just runny and sneezy nose.

Amy brought Sam by while she had an appointment so we played and then read a couple books. After she left I layed down on the bed a read for an hour. After lunch we took off for Sam's Club and picked up GG on the way. I filled up with gas and it was down to $3.48 a gallon, wow what a drop since last week. Hopefully it will continue to drop as we make plans for our trip north in about 16 days. I settled in to watch the Rays afternoon game with the Mariners and we beat then again with a 4 game sweep, Go Rays!!! Oakland comes in tonight(Friday) for a 4 game series.

We dropped GG off and she invited to come for supper so we did as she was making an enchilada casserole, it was very tasty. After the clean up(I washed the dishes) we headed out for home around 7. I watered the back garden a little before calling it quits as the mosquito's were out in force. Nancy tuned into Idol and was disappointed the country singer gal, Tanya was voted off; I stuck with the NHL playoffs and eventually hit the sack a little before 10. I slept much better last night as the night before I was up with the runny nose, oh well! LATER 

No comments: