Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday

Well it was another nice morning with temps in the high 50's and such quietness here its almost too quiet, anyhow after a 7'ish wake up I ventured out on the porch to do my quiet time with a hot cup of green tea. Afterwards I had a bowl of oatmeal with fruit before heading down to the basement to start the day. Nancy had pulled the vacuum head off the hose yesterday so I fixed that then I turned my attention to the dehumidifier as it was running hot and not taking much humidity out of the basement. Well after further inspection the front filter was coated with dirt and whatever so after cleaning it and putting it back together it ran fine once again.

I headed out to the back woods to cut some tall thin sapling to rebuild my arbor which had fallen down due to age and wind. It has become one of our favorite places to take pictures and I hope I can get something to grow on it this summer. I was wanting a vine that produced flowers but now I want something that produces green leaves and would prefer a perennial of some type. Anyhow I dug holes for the post and use a couple old locust posts for the base then used some maple and pine saplings for the ridge poles. We took a break for lunch then hit it again until nearly 4 o'clock when we finished. Our good neighbor Gerald came by and brought us a couple dozen homegrown cackleberries from his home chickens in the Raleigh area as well as a package of ground deer meat he killed out this way last fall.




Nancy has to watch what she is eating again as she is suffering heart burn so we will try to eat alkaline which means giving up many of her favorites like coffee, chocolate, 'maters, garlic, onions and meat that contains any fat and her ocassional glass of sangria, yikes!!! That's no fun!!!! Oh well this change in her life has left both of us looking for better days. Tomorrow we are planning on a trip to town(Galax, Va) for some necessities and to get off this hill for awhile plus I get to take part of the day off. My legs and back are toughening up finally from all the garden work and walking this tilted land, LATER

No comments: