Friday, May 11, 2012

Thursday

Well today started out much the usual with an early morning wake up crow from our next door rooster around 5. I rolled out a little after that as I couldn't go back to sleep with lots on my mine as we draw nearer to our target date for heading north. I did my quiet time then had a lite breakfast of fruit and oatmeal before heading out to the rec for pickle ball. Well after about the first 15 minutes of play everything was fine until I went back to hit an overhead and came down on my right knee at an awkward angle and I heard something tear or pop. I realized right away I had hyper-extended the knee. The pain was rather strong at first and I walked it off and even got on the bicycle to head home but the more I exercised it the better it felt so I headed back to the rec then continued to play but at a much lower level of play after wrapping it. I don't think its a major tear as I was still able walk although there is some discomfort while moving about. I think I will rest if from any major exercise this week end and see how it does next Monday.

Nancy took off to the rec to do her treadmill routine and I piddled around watering and then spent the rest of the morning reading and catching up on some paper work. We finished up the leftovers from house church for lunch and then settled in to read until Amy brought the kids by while she ran a couple errands. Sam climbed up on the couch and fell off which scared him and us but he didn't hit his head so we were comforted by that except later in the evening he began to complain his ear hurt him. Well Amy took him to the walk in clinic as he continued to cry and complain and found out he has an ear infection; so he is on an anti-biotic. This is his first I believe and Ava never had any which is unusual. I don't remember Bobby and Amy having any either or if they did if was very few, oh well!!!

We headed over to visit with GG and helped her with a few small problems then brought her car back as I need to run some errands with her on Friday as Nancy will have the truck at her Friday morning Bible Study; plus her car needs to be driven and gassed up. After GG's we read until it was time for supper so we baked a frozen pizza after doctoring it up with some fresh mushrooms, basil, oregano and green pepper from the garden, yikes does that taste good and just as good if not better than the real ones from the store. After supper and the clean up I sat around resting my knee and watching the Rays lose to the Yanks after having a 2-0 start, Oh well!!! LATER 

No comments: