Saturday, May 19, 2012

Friday

Well once again the morning was much the usual with a 5'ish wake up crow by Chester next door and then my quiet moments before a lite breakfast and my bike ride to the rec for 2 plus hours of pickle ball. The knee is doing fine even though I continued to wear the brace just for psychic support. I headed home, by passing once again one of my favorite hangouts, the library.

That was the usual part of the day 'cause it all changed when I got home and started watering the garden. Nancy was contacted by her mom, GG that the doctors office called and read her x-ray and that she does have some impacted stool, Yikes. That meant since Nancy was cooking a turkey dinner with all the trimming that it would be up to me to drive her to the emergency room to have this impaction removed. I drove GG to Bardmoor ER and stayed with her for nearly 3 hours. I ran into one of the security guards who happened to be a former trooper buddy of mine and we sat and talked about our former buddy's and all that had happened to him since I retired 8 years ago. We had even worked together on a couple DUI manslaughter cases; seems he quit the patrol after 15 years and open a restaurant business which did well at first then it headed south with the economy so he was trying to get back on the patrol and was doing security work in the meanwhile. We had a nice visit and he filled me in all the inside info on those I use to work with.

Well after dropping GG off at her house I headed to Sam's to fill up at $3.36 a gallon wow that is better than the $4 bucks plus we thought we would have to pay on our trip north. I picked up some health aids for Nancy as well before heading back to pick up GG and bring to our house for the family dinner. It was after 4 pm by the time we got home. The house smelled of roast turkey, Ahhh what a dewisheous smell and the supper turned out every bit as good as it smelled with stuffing, smashed spuds, carrots, gravy and chocolate cupcakes for desert. We celebrated Amy's 29 birthday which is Saturday. Bob and Amy and with their fam's as well as aunt Betsy and Braden came so we had a house full. After the sit down stuff your face supper the kids and I played out in the back yard as it really was quite nice with a nice breeze blowing and the air seemed a little drier even though it was in the high 80's.

After kiddos baths everyone headed out around 9:30 and tomorrow Amy is cooking supper for us as we spend the day packing and making the house ready for our what we hope will be absence until November. There is lots to do and of course I want to head out early, like 4 AM to get up the road before the love bugs take over and cover the front of your vehicles with their guts. This is the time of the year for them and they seemed to be a Florida problem mainly.

I will be away from this post until sometime Sunday and hopefully will report that we had an uneventful trip to the cabin. We are looking forward to some cooler temps, less traffic and of course working in our gardens and yard and seeing all of our mountain friends, LATER

No comments: