Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wednesday

Well we finally got some much needed rain. The morning started out with Chester of course crowing around 5'ish, however I managed to tune him out until 6 then rolled out starting the day with a cup of green tea while I did my quiet time. After a bowl of oatmeal with some blackberries I had brought back from the mountains last year I pedalled out to the rec for some pickle ball for the first time since last Thursday when I hyper-extended the right knee. It was good to get back with the gang and into the swing of play again. I took it easy and wore a support for my knee but still won several games with different players. It felt good to exercise and strike the ball, again. I only did about an hour and a half before heading out for home.

I have a couple of books I'm finishing up before Saturday so I stayed away from the library and rode straight home. The skies were cloudy and overcast with just a slight sprinkle so I let the watering go and its a good thing as the afternoon brought thunder showers and a really nice soaking rain, wow did we ever need it!!! Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and afterwards we headed over to take GG's car back when she informed us she is still having problems with constipation and elimination. It looks as if we will be taking her to the doctor again on Thursday.

Well this evening is house church evening and we had 7 adults. I think our group is going to take the next couple weeks off as many are going on vacation and of course we will be gone until Nov. We had a lively discussion on the John Eldridge book Beautiful Outlaw about the many facets and personality traits of Jesus, interesting and one can see and learn why its important to have a relationship with this man/GOD. We will certainly miss our group and of course all our church family at Element; but we will once again be with a different group of believers and get to share our life together at Cornerstone. Wow are we ever blessed to have so many believer friends in two completely different locals.

 We had a steady rain all evening and right up until it was lights outs. Nancy tuned into Idol and I had the Rays on who were winning into the 9th inning. Tomorrow will be another big day as we have Amy and the kiddos for supper and we get to love up on Ava and Sam as Tyler is teaching ESL at church. LATER

No comments: