Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday

Well it was once again another beautiful morning with temps around 60 and a little fog to start with but that soon burned off and it was a bright sunshine day. It did get close to 80  but with little humidity so it was a pleasant day. After my 6:30 wake up I did my quiet time with a cup of hot green tea then I had a couple poached eggs and the leftover brat from last night. After breakfast I headed out to check on all the flower and veggie gardens before heading into the basement to put a load of clothes in the washer. I then got ready to head out to the big town of Galax to do some shopping.

After hanging the clothes outside on the clothesline we took off around 9:30. First we made a stop at a local furniture store that specializes in cabin goodies and purchased a cabin warming gift for our neighbors then we headed to the local gas station for gas for the golf cart and to fill the truck at $3.34 a gallon. After the fill up we headed to Wal-Mart where we saw our good friend Kimberly who now works in the garden department. After our shopping we headed out of town and stopped at a local nursery where I purchased some cabbage seedlings, geraniums and some Ivy seedlings for the new arbor.

We got back around noon and found out we had missed 3 phone calls so I dialed up Paw PAw and got him just as he was leaving Winchester; all is well in that neck of the woods and he seemed excited that we would get up to see him this summer. I then heated up the last of the bean soup for lunch and Nancy ate something that would not aggravate her heartburn issues. Hopefully this to will pass if I can persuade her to eat right and stay away from coffee and chocolate for awhile.

After lunch I headed out to plant my cabbage seedling as well as 2 rows of onion sets and then in the middle patch I turned the ground over for some  beets. Hopefully these will make. I found that many of my seedlings were wilting so I hand watered them all when Ms Helen our "mountain mom" came by for a visit. She looked great and never seems to age and she must have visited for a couple hours and when I sat down to talk I had to fight to stay awake, yikes it was difficult as I'm not use to stopping and resting in the afternoon, plus the inside temp of the cabin was perfect for a nap. We decided to start supper shortly after her visit as we had purchased a rotisserie chicken at Wal-Mart and wow was it ever dewisheous along with some fries and a salad. After supper and the clean up we headed out to the yards as the sun had finally dropped below the tree level which made for a comfortable outing. I planted some beets and then I drug out the hoses so Nancy could water her flower gardens.

Well Jodi our neighbor below us came by walking 4 dogs on leases, of course all of them were small yippee type dogs; but she still had her hands full as she walked them up the back trail just before dark. Well its been a full day and I can barely keep my eyes open especially after my hot shower. I'm tuned into the Rays vs Red Sox on the Internet and we are winning 7-4 but was at one time ahead 7-1. Oh well, LATER

No comments: