Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Monday

Well it sure is different not going to the rec each morning for my workout on the pickle ball court, but I guess its going to be that way for another day at least as I really want to not overdo this knee. It feels pretty good and after a slow start this morning after Chester woke us up at 5'ish I rolled over until 7 AM then started what turned out to be a busy day. I did my quiet time then poached a couple eggs and finished the leftover tenderloin for breakfast before starting on the carpets.

I vacuumed first then got out the Hoover shampooer and worked a couple hours on the carpets, while they dried I climbed up on the roof and took the blower to all the small twigs and leaves that have accumulated there in just a couple weeks. I want to make a valiant effort to keep the roof as clean as possible as a build up of debris actually holds moisture which if left long enough starts the rot under the shingles, that's what happen to my last roof even though it had been on nearly 20 years the areas that didn't hold debris was perfectly alright. Oh well I learned from that even at my stage in life.

After cleaning the roof I took the hedge clippers and worked on the azaleas, hibiscus and the vines on the fence in the back yard as I want to leave the yards looking nice. Jim my neighbor who is a fireman and also has a lawn service has offered to look after my place as well as do the yards when he does his each week. Jim and Laurie are the best and keep their place looking great as well. The neighbors on the other side is the complete opposite as their place is a junk hole and really an eye sore for the 'hood, oh well.

After the yard work I had a bite of lunch before getting ready to go with Nancy to the cardiologist for a stress test. Well she passed with flying colors and now I hope she will listen to me that all of these aches, pains and flip flops she has been experiencing are a result of the aging factor from menopause. Thankfully the doctors said her heart was in great shape and on Tuesday we will see another doctor, her cardiologist to explain this again. It now is a go for the trip to the mountains so I spent the afternoon putting our services on vacation here in Florida and starting up our services at the cabin along with address changes. I spoke with the power company rep at Blue Ridge Electric to have our bill sent to the cabin and it turned out she is a friend and church member we know from Cornerstone. It was great to be welcomed back by her and all the southern hospitality we find in this small mountain community, we just love it!!

Nancy made salmon patties for supper and along with some leftover smashed spuds it was dewisheous(Annsley). After the clean up I jumped on the bike to return some books at the library as well as pick up a couple I had ordered. These will probably we the end of my reading for awhile as by the time we head in doors its around 8-9 and starting to get dark and then with an update on the computer for the Rays its bed time. We never nap in the mountains and I'm usually up at the crack of dawn raring to go; boy am I so looking forward to a change in our routine and of course that cold water coming out of the ground and the air that's never been breathed before. Can you ascertain that I'm getting excited and yet on a more solemn note we will miss seeing our grand babies at least every week and some nearly every day. They all will of course spent a week or more with us this summer at different times so we have that to look forward to.

Well the Rays beat the Jays last night convincingly with a 7-1 score and will play again tonight. We will babysit Ava and Sam tonight as Amy and Tyler get in a date night before we go and then again on Friday night we will have all the family once again for a roast turkey with all the trimming supper as we celebrate Amy's 29th birthday, yikes where did that time go?? LATER

No comments: