Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tuesday

Well once again it wasn't quite the usual morning as I missed my workout at the rec for pickle ball but I plan on returning in the morning for my workout. Anyhow after the Chester serenade with his piercing crow at 5'ish in the morning I managed to tune him out until nearly 7 before rolling out for the day. After my quiet time I made myself a lite breakfast of poached eggs and a leftover brat before heading out to the barber for an ear lowering session. I rode my bike to and from and the knee seemed fine while pedaling across a major 6 lane. Afterwards I headed back to water the garden and my seedlings I'm bringing to the summer garden at the cabin before heading in to go through some paperwork.

Nancy indicated we needed to go to GG's and do some bush trimming and then take her to another doctors appointment later in the day. Well I trimmed several bushes and cut down another one that was in the process of dying before heading home with GG's car. Nancy had a doctors appointment the same time GG had one so I was shuttling cars around to meet these appointments. We got back around lunch time as Amy and the kiddos were coming. They stayed and played until it was time to head out for all these errands to run. We were watching the kiddos later in the evening as Amy and Tyler had a date night.

I grilled a couple chicken breasts that had been marinating during the day and wow were they ever good over a bed of salad. We also fixed the kiddos some macaroni and carrots. After supper we played outside until it was time to head in and watch the Rays play the Jays. Well that was an interesting game as we came from behind to win and complete a 2 game sweep of a good team. We are still tied for first place with the Orioles. I want to get in as much baseball and hockey as I can as once we are at the cabin I'm limited to the Rays on the tube on ESPN.

I continue to make lists and pack to an extent as we prepare to be gone until Fall although Nancy is already prompting me with packing the whole house if we don't come back this summer so she can take her winter clothes, oh well it never ends as she takes so much clothing and then wears about 1/3 of what she packs. Lord get me through this. Well the heart doctor put her on a water pill in addition to her blood pressure medicine and told her she was fine and that she needn't come back for a year, so that was good news. Now if we can just get her mind to believe what the doctors have told her and all of her good blood test results have indicated, she is fine. I feel for all you guys who have post-menopausal gals. LATER

No comments: