Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tuesday

Well another hot and muggy day that started with Chester as usual around 5'ish sounding off in the hood. After my quiet time and a bowl of fruit I headed out to the rec for about an hour and a half of pickle ball. I wanted to get back and finish painting the flat roof a white coat of elastomeric before it got too hot. By the time I finished it was blazing but thankfully it was a sky of broken clouds which made a difference plus we did have a nice easterly breeze. I'm sure glad that job is done and hopefully will protect the roof as well as reflect some of the hot summer sunshine.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and afterwards Sam and I headed out to work and play in the back yard. I dug him a couple Wormies as he calls them and he was satisfied for an hour or so. I transplanted some flower seedling and was disappointed several didn't make it but if what I managed to transplant do make, I should have a bunch to plant at the cabin. It seems every year we lose lots of large perennial flower plants while we are in Florida especially the blanket and cone flower plants, hopefully these will add to our mix there. I also transplanted a couple dozen zinnias and now I have lots marigolds to bring along as well. I lost a couple tomato seedlings for some reason but should still have about 10 plants to put in the ground which if they make I will be giving tomato's away, which I like to do.

After the kids left for their naps I read until it was time for supper. We pan fried a couple pork tenderloin chops and finished the left over black beans and rice along with a salad. After the clean up I headed out to hand water the garden and yards until it was time to settle in to the Rays vs the Mariners baseball game and the Rays won again 3-1. We are in first place but lost our biggest star player due to a hamstring injury for 4-6 weeks, yuck!!!

 I somehow developed a minor sore throat I think from being on the hot roof and the fumes from the paint so I gargled with warm salt water a couple times and doubled up on the garlic. Nancy insists she can smell it coming out my pores.  Hopefully that will take care of the problem. Nancy seems to be doing better with all her menopausal ailments and hopefully can strike a balance with what she needs to do to enjoy life once again and me. I know it's tough on all you gals who have this change to go through and some handle it better than others. Jill's mom Susan needs prayer as she is sustaining all kinds of health issues and she thinks its related to this change in her life as well. LATER

No comments: