Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday

Once again it was another crisp cool morning and dark as I rode out to the rec for some pickle ball after my usual morning quiet time and bowl of oatmeal. We had about a dozen players total for the day but the first hour or so we had some great play with some long rallies. After PB I headed into the weigh room for a 100 crunches before pedalling home on the bike. Wow was it ever a nice morning outside with once again bright blue skies and lots of sunshine.

After getting home I watered the back and side gardens and then set the sprinkler on the new sown grass seed in the back yard while I mixed up some liquid fertilizer to feed my plants. I pulled several radishes and cut 4 nice heads of bib lettuce for the salad we were taking to house church tonight. Daniel and Neal were having the meeting and fellowship(food)at their house as we celebrated Neil's 30 th birthday. Neil grilled burgers and dogs and lots of others brought side dishes. We had a great turnout with about 17 adults and 6 kids. Today is also my middle sister Pat's birthday. Happy Birthday to both.

After a lite lunch we got ready and headed out to Sam's for our weekly stock-up then stopped by the veggie stand for strawberries and tomato's. My 'maters have stopped ripening for now but I have lots of green ones on the plants, hopefully they will come in shortly. We just chilled until it was time to head out for house church at 6:30. I finished a great true story read titled ESCAPE FROM DAVADO. The setting is WWII in the Philippines and the escape from a Japanese POW camp. This is definitely a page turner of excitement and harsh conditions suffered by the Americans as well as the local natives. Great Read. Well not much else is going on except for American Idol after our fellowship tonight. LATER

No comments: