Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday



































































Well it was another beautiful day here in sunny Florida with temps in the low 80's, lots of bright blue skies and a nice eastern breeze. The humidity is still around but not unbearable, yet. After the usual morning routine of my quiet time, bowl of oatmeal with all kinds of fruit and then a ride out to the rec on my bike. Its not as dark when I ride out at 7:25 as it was last week.

We had our second day of the pickle ball tournament with mixed doubles play. My pardner Sandy Cross did a great job as we came back from a 1st round loss to beat the same team in the 3rd round and then we went on to win the silver medal in a very close match. Several of our home team players won medals and the team that beat us for the gold was also a home team. There was lots of good play and once again we made many new friends from across the state.


After the rec I headed home to finish the last of the leftover deer steak and gravy from last nights supper, even little Sam loved the flavor as well and he helped me to clean it up. Boy is he a good eater and try's just about anything you put on his place. After they left for their afternoon nap I actually took a little one myself before heading out to set the sprinkler on the back garden. I pulled a 1/2 dozen parsnips; while they are gigantic they are very tasty. I peeled them like carrot then split them into strips and put them in tin a foil pan with a little olive oil, sea salt and put them on the grill while a couple marinated chicken breasts cooked. Yumm is all I can say. Nancy also sauteed some yellow squash with onions and mushrooms to go along with a fresh garden salad. Great supper!!!

After eating I worked in the garden and pulled the last of my radishes then turned the ground over and sowed a couple more small rows of radishes as the sign of the moon is waning. Just right for planting seeds that produce a vegetable below the ground such as potatoes, peanuts, beets, radishes and onions, everything else I plant needs to be sown in the waxing of the moon. Well I cut several heads of bib lettuce and took to the neighbors as its really starting to head up with this hot weather.

I will enclose a couple garden and Ava and Sam shots as Nany is in the photographing mood again. LATER

No comments: