Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday

Well the morning started with my usual quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal before climbing aboard the bike for my ride to the rec in the dark. Luckily the dawn is just breaking about 7:30 as I rode out in the cool morning hours. We had some good play for some 2 1/2 hours with 12 players and afterwards I stopped by the weight room for a 100 crunches and a weigh -in. While not losing anymore this weekend at least I didn't add much considering its been 4 days since I last had a good sweat workout.

Well things are not looking good for the island nation of Japan and I just learned there appears to be a meltdown or an explosion at another nuclear reactor so that will let lots of radiation into the atmosphere. Many folks there are still without food, water and heat and many have yet to be rescued as I write. I have been trying to find my friend and fellow pickle baller, Mitsuko to determine if she and her family are alright. So far all of my efforts have been futile. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and all of the Japanese people.

Amy and the kids came for lunch and she dropped Sam off while she and Ava shopped. He loves to be outside with me and we had a grand time. After lunch we played until it was time for their afternoon naps. Nancy took off for her walk through the hood and I read a good book on the Chandra Levy murder investigation and congressman Gary Condiff.

Well we had a simple supper as Nancy had a 1/2 dozen biscuits left over from Sunday's brunch so Nancy made a tuna fish gravy to go over them along with some fresh broccoli and sugar peas. After supper I headed out to pull weeds in the front yard and to hand water the grass plugs. By the way I forgot to mention its cool here with temps in the high 60's and supposed to down into the 40's once again tonight. Great weather with bright sunshine skies and no humidity. LATER

No comments: