Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday on Saturday

Well was today Friday the 13th???? I was begining to think that as the day progressed after getting home from pickle ball this morning. Of course the morning was pretty much normal to begin with after my quiet time and usual bowl of boring oatmeal with the tasty strawberries, blueberries and a banana. We had a great workout on the PB courts with a tune up for the Good Life Games this next Monday and Tuesday. What a workout we had and afterwards I headed into the weight room for some crunches and heavy weights. I gotta get ready for the gardening season in the mountains as I try to do every thing the "colonial" way with a hoe, shovel and elbow grease but this year at least I have the use of an old roto-tiller for the really big garden. Hopefully it made it through the winter!

Nancy rearranged the passenger side mirror on the truck as she was backing out of the garage this morning, thankfully I found a new unit so quickly and with the help of some mechanic's(Twill Auto) I was back in business by 5 PM., also the pressure switch went kaput on my well pump, but I was able to fix that within a couple hours and some knowledgeable folks on switches at Ace Hardware. My old neighbor Mr. Bill was a well and pump man and he taught me lots so with a couple pipe wrenches I managed to get the pump apart and check out the electrical connection. I knew I was getting juice to the motor as I was accidentally shocked with a good jolt, oh well, country boy I am. I had the garden hose going a couple hours later.

Speaking of garden wow did we ever have some great sauteed Swiss chard to go along with our fried fish and yellow rice. My was that ever good and the plants are just beautiful. I will enclose some pics today(if I can remember to take them). We watched Annsley and Gabriel while their parents went to a surprise birthday party was some great friends at a Greek restaurant in St.Pete last night. It was nearly midnight by the time they got home and Annsley was still going strong while Gabey finally went to sleep around 10:30, they were such little night owls. Ava came over and played with Annsley until she got sleepy around 9 :30. It was a fun time as we gave baths, read books and watched Sleeping Beauty and UP. LATER

No comments: