Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday

Once again we have unbelievable nice weather for this time of the year. There is a stiff east breeze with temps in the 70's and bright sunshine. Actually we need some rain as I'm hand watering the gardens twice a day and I now have the sprinkler set on the front yard. Sure don't want to lose all those plugs I put in a couple months ago. Anyhow the morning started early once again with that rooster crowing at 5 AM and not stopping at least until I finally got up at 6:30. Grand son Sam woke up shortly thereafter so I put him in bed with grandma Nancy as I got ready to start my morning routine of quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal before heading out to the rec for some pickle ball.

We had 7 players today and most were exceptionally good players so the action was fast and furious for over 2 1/2 hours. Wow what a workout and afterwards I could barely do my 50 sit ups and crunches before heading out for home. I gathered up Sam and put him in the stroller while I hand watered the back gardens and he loved being outside with the turkey next door just on the other side of the chain link fence. He was so funny and loved doing his little gobble imitation which caused the turkey to go off on its real gobble noise. We spent about an hour out there in the nice breeze before heading in for lunch around noon.

Sam ate a nice lunch of cheese, beans, bread and tomatoes. Nancy and I each had a fresh garden salad. After lunch we played with Sam and I took him around the block in the stroller hoping he would fall asleep; but he wanted nothing with a nap. Finally around 1 PM he went down for an hour and a half. I took a power nap then read until it was time to head out to the back yard for the evening watering. Sam once again came out in his stroller and mimicked the turkey for another hour or so. I picked fresh Swiss chard and got it ready for the sauce pan while Nancy entertained Sam. We had fried fish of which he ate 1/2 of a fillet as well as the greens and some canned vegetables. Once again Sam ate very well. After the clean up I set the sprinkler on the front yard and Nancy got him ready for his bath. We played with him until 8 PM which was about the time he started rubbing his eyes so Nancy rocked him and he was out in less than 5 minutes.

We had such a good time with him and Amy called while we were preparing supper to say they would be late in coming home from Sea World. They had a great day and it was even nicer that little Sam didn't have to hold them down. I'm sure Ava is worn out after an all dayer there. Well not much else is going on, so LATER

No comments: