Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday

Well it was another beautiful day with temps in the low 80's but more humidity so the a/c stayed on overnight and is presently on, so much for the windows being open. The morning started the usual time with a 6:30 alarm going off, for some reason I didn't pay any attention to the feathered critter but it was more likely I didn't hear him with the a/c going and the windows closed. I guess that's one of the benefits of having the windows closed. Anyhow after the usual quiet moments and a bowl of oatmeal I headed out to the rec for the Good Life Games being played in our gym. There were approx. 50-60 people there with about 2/3 of them playing in the games. Today's venture was for mens and women's doubles and tomorrow is the mixed doubles play.

Ric my men's doubles pardner and I won our division with straight set wins, and captured a gold medal. We then played in another division and loss 11-9 in the 3rd set after splitting the first 2 sets. We should have won but somehow lost our edge with too many unforced errors, plus we had to wait so long before finally getting on the court to begin with. It was a fun time but not near enough play as we sat from 9AM until nearly noon before getting on the courts.

I got home around 1PM and had a lite lunch as Amy and the kids were finishing up. Sam was so happy to see me and didn't want to let me out of his site. He is walking so good and is jabbering up a storm. I played with him and Ava until it was time for them to head out for their afternoon naps. I cut and cleaned lettuce after they left and Nancy ran off to Publix. She fixed some cubed deer steak for supper much like you would cube steak simmered in a rich gravy which we put over mashed potato's. I also picked several small heads of broccoli and sugar peas and they were great together. Wow what a tasty supper. Well not much else is going on except we need some rain as I'm running the hose sprinkler daily on the gardens and yard.

I'm scheduled to play at 9 AM tomorrow in the mixed doubles competition, hopefully Sandy and I can play well enough for a medal but I saw some good womens play today in the doubles matches, Oh well it was fun and it certainly was good to play some new folks. LATER

No comments: