Saturday, March 26, 2011

Friday

It was once again a beautiful morning with temps in the 60's and lots of sunshine however we are very dry and could use a little rain. I ran the sprinkler in the gardens after pickle ball for most of the afternoon. Speaking of pickle ball the morning started out the usual with a 6:30 get up, a few quiet moments and then a bowl of oatmeal before pedalling out to the rec. We had a small group of mostly good players and the action was great with some super rallies. There were lots of wet shirts. Afterwards I trucked off to the weight room for some 100 plus crunches and a few heavy weights before pedalling home.

The kid weren't coming for lunch so Nancy and I ate a lite lunch about 1 PM as she headed to Publix after her Friday morning Bible study. I moved the sprinkler about every 45 minutes and read while waiting for her. I'm just about finished with a true read entitled THE DEVIL'S GENTLEMAN by Harold Schechter. Great read and so much history as the nation leaves the 1800's for the 20th century. Its a real page turner.

After lunch we started preparing for our supper with neighbors and friends Dan and Carol. I had bought some baby back ribs(frozen) at Target of all places for 2.29 a pound. That's a steal!!! Anyhow Nancy boiled them for about an hour then I put them on the smoker with some apple wood and my were they ever delicious along with parsley potato's, a fresh garden salad and Carol brought some cooked carrots. Well what a feast we had and afterwards we played one game of Phase 10. It was a nail bitter right down to the end with Carol winning by just a couple points, good game and lots of them not wanting me to win after I smoked them all last week with 3 wins in 3 games, of course I had to bring that to their attention throughout.

They headed out a little after 9 PM as they both worked all day at Dan's shop, Twill Auto. Speaking of Twill Auto our house church is holding a free oil change for single moms there this morning at 9 AM. Well I watched a little of the college basketball playoffs before calling it a night. LATER

No comments: