Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Well once again the frost was so heavy as I rode out to the rec you could have sled ridden on it, that's if you could have found a hill steep enough. Needless to say it was cold with frozen stuff everywhere. After my usual quiet time and a lite breakfast I got in 2 good hours of pickle ball play before heading home for a quick bite of lunch before heading out to St.Pete for a root canal. Well let me tell that is not a great thing to look forward too but the opposite could mean infection that eventually could leave you very sick. It seems I was right; I had the start of an abscess in the tooth I just had capped or crowned. This dentist was pain free and although I was in the chair a couple hours I felt he was competent and seem to care how I felt. Finally after getting sedated around lunch time I was out of there and trying to fill a prescription for penicillin at Walmart around 3 PM.

After getting home I started to feel the effects of the procedure as the Novocaine began to wear off. Anyhow I managed to get through the evening as we were having our house church with dinner included. My what another good meal as both Nancy and Carol made lasagnas, Amy brought a super salad with home made Greek dressing and Lucy made an apple dessert(I refrained from the dessert). After our meeting we headed home and I took my first pain medicine for the evening and that's been the extent of my pain. My upper jaw near the area of the the root is still sore to touch and somewhat red as a result of the abscess. Sleep last night was good.

This morning(Thursday) found me up and ready to ride out to the rec on my bike after my quiet time and a lite breakfast of oatmeal. We had 14 players today and a reporter from the local Seminole Beacon came by and got the scoop on our group of pickle ball players.He took several action shots and is preparing a write up in the senior activity section. Hopefully we will get some good press, however I'm not to sure we want any more players as we are almost at capacity unless management gives us more gym time.

After leaving the rec and Nancy as she was on the (t)dreadmill; I headed home to water the gardens or what is left of it after the 5 straight nights of frost and cold temp's. We got ready to head to Tampa and Element Church and stopped on the way for Subway for lunch. We helped to put the finishing touches on room setup, cleaning, mopping and vacuuming as well as some minor carpentry. We carried in the table and chairs and set them up in the craft room. We headed back to Pinellas around 3 PM and made a couple stops at Sam's and Publix's. I noticed the truck thermometer was at 76 for a short period and even now the outside temp is still at 65.

Nancy fried up some excellent fish along with yellow rice and a fresh salad for supper. Yeow was that ever good eatin'. Well tomorrow is pretty much the usual except I'm watching Ava while Amy has a doctor's appointment and Nancy has her weekly Friday Bible study at SFBC. I'm thrilled the temp's has moderated back to our normal cycle. Sorry I missed last nights blog but there wasn't a whole to tell and by the time I popped a couple ibuprofen and showered I was ready for the sack LATER.

No comments: