Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday

What a heavy frost this morning even though the temps were about 8 to 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. This last round has just about done in some of my garden plant, although some plants have actually done better. I think I may have 3 tomato plant out of 10 that could survive an maybe a hand full of bean plants. The squash and cuke's are gone along with most of my marigolds. The peas, kale, beets, mustard greens, lettuce and broccoli look like they will survive. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast of oatmeal with cinnamon, honey, banana and a few fresh blueberries I rode out once again on the bike to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Great play with just 4 of us for nearly 45 minutes. Wow what fast and furious play until the general players arrived around 8:15 then we ended up 10 players for the day. Once again we had another newbie female player.

Ava and Amy came for lunch and we finished off the Tortilla Soup from last nights dinner. We each had 2 bowels and little Ava ate a whole bowel herself. That is very unusual for her as she is a snacker. The girls took off to exchange some Christmas presents so Ava stayed with me an we watched UP again. We had a great time together and of course she had a couple snacks. I'm still having discomfort in the jaw from the recently broken tooth even after a crown. Well I was back to the dentist for another evaluation and my worst case scenario has occurred. Tomorrow I go in for a root canal and that's another boat load of bucks. Oh well I'm told don't have it pulled especially since I already have over a grand invested in the tooth.

The temps this afternoon nearly reached 60 and with the bright sunshine it actually felt delicious. I believe we are forecasted for even warmer temps tomorrow. Looking forward to some 70's with lows in the 60's. Now that is Florida in the winter. I spoke with an old mountain friend last night and they have been with below freezing temps for over a month. I feel blessed with our just a few days of cold weather and they are forecasted with more snow. Well not much else going on. LATER

No comments: