Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday
















Wow was it ever a nice Florida morning for a change. The day itself turned out to be just great with temps into the 70's,bright sunshine and no humidity. I headed out to the rec on my bike after my quiet time and a breakfast of oatmeal with a banana, blue berries, honey and cinnamon. I got in nearly 2 1/2hours of play with a total of about 12 players. The first 1/2 hour was fast and furious with some long rallies and super shots. We will have the next 3 days off as the rec is closed Monday for a national holiday. I was whipped by 10 AM and looking forward to babysitting Ava while Amy had a doctor's appointment with the "to be born" in the near future, Samuel.

Ava and I played outside and hung a load of laundry on the clothesline. What a great day for airing out the house and that's just what we did as we opened the windows and cut the heat off. It warmed up to 73 inside the house. We understood the mountains reached 55 today. That must have helped to melt a lot of that snow on the ground. Glad to see the break in the weather not only for us here but for those in the mountains. Our friends Toni and Mark head back to Michigan tomorrow and even their temp's reached to about the freezing level today. I think they spent the morning and early afternoon at the beach.

Ava and I after a lite lunch of leftovers played outside with her new trike her grandparents from Kansas send to her a day ago. She can reach the pedal's with her feet, but is having a little difficulty keeping it on the side walk. With a little practice she will master this exercise in no time. We crossed the street and played with "Sadie Dog" who gave Ava several kisses. Once again the girls took off to several places so Ava and I watched UP 3 more times while they were gone. I managed to read a little. Well after Ava left for her afternoon nap Nancy and I visited across the street Toni and Mark at Ms Carol's house as they head back north tomorrow.
Well not much else is going on so we had a meatless dinner tonight with black beans, rice and fresh broccoli. Tomorrow we are having neighbors Dan and Carol for dinner and have barbecue ribs on the menu. I will enclose a few pics of Ava today. LATER.

No comments: