Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday

Well it was down right nippy this morning but quickly warmed up as the sun began to shine. By the time I rode out on my bike to the rec it was like a North Carolina Morning in June. After my few quiet moments and a lite breakfast of oatmeal, blue berries and honey I was ready for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We 11 players today and some some great play for the first 45 minutes before the general crowd arrived.

I headed on home around 10 AM to hand water the garden. I have new beans up after having to replant due to the freeze, plus lots of new lettuce seedlings to transplant. I took off to run some errands as Nancy is still hacking so I hit Sam's Club for some needed items plus the vegetable stand for some goodies as well. I got back just in time for lunch with Amy and Ava. After lunch Ava and I got her trike out so she could ride down the driveway and on the sidewalk. She is finally learning to steer the trike in the middle of the sidewalk as she pedals and now comes coasting down the driveway to me as I stop her before heading out into the street.

After the girls left Nancy and I just chilled reading and cat napping on the bed. She is still coughing way too much as well is Amy. Ava seems to be getting better each day.So far I have managed to fight off this illness with Vit C and garlic. Nancy made a big pot of bean soup for supper and invited Amy, Tyler and Ava over to eat with us. She also made scratch corn bread and a fresh garden salad. Yumm!!

Well not much else going on this evening except American Idol. I can't believe they have me watching this show. What happened to the deadliest catch show?? LATER.

No comments: