Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday

Wow its been 10 to 12 years since we have last seen temps this cold in Tampa Bay and probably 20 + years to have it sustained for this amount of time. As I write its already at 32 and fore casted to go into the 20's tonight and tomorrow the high is only to the 40's and even colder tomorrow night. I made an effort to protect what I could in the garden by spreading old sheets on my beans, placed 5 gallon buckets on top of several tomato plants and moved what potted plants and flowers into the shed. I wrapped my cuke's with a towel and placed cardboard boxes on some newly sprouted lettuce seedling.

Well the rain woke us this morning as well as the heat pump constantly running. We slept in until after 8 as we stayed up and visited with neighbors until after midnight last night. Nancy and I won both PHASE 10 games last night. That's a fun game but I sure miss the raucous play that goes with the game of Sequence or maybe its the rowdy play of our mountain friends that I miss most. Nancy made a mountain breakfast of buckwheat hotcakes and cackleberries, Yummm!! Sure miss those free range brown eggs.

Not much else going on as its too dabblame COLD outside to do anything else. Tomorrow we head to Element in Tampa for worship then we give blood at the Florida Blood Services bloodmobile that will be at the church. Our particular house church here in Pinellas County started that tradition for Element. We certainly hope we can be a blessing to someone in need.

Well will close for now as the second NFL playoff game is about to start. The Jets beat the Bengals in the early game and now the Eagles play the Cowboys in the second. I have lots of family and friends who are die hard Cowboy fans so I'm rooting for them. Stay warm and take a moment to give thanks. Join in with a group folks and worship the LORD, especially tomorrow on Sunday. LATER

No comments: