Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday

Well we were awakened in the early morning hours with a heavy rain downpour and it continued right up to the time I would normally ride out on my bike to the rec. I cancelled playing pickle ball this AM as Nancy was coughing up luge's with color and I felt a little flushed like I may be trying to catch some of the kids crud. Ava had a temperature of 102 when she left for her doctor's appointment yesterday so I didn't want to lower my ability to fight this stuff by wearing myself out on the court. We decided shortly after awakening that it would be best to cancel our baby sitting of Annsley and over night visit with the Hoffman's. We felt it was best to not infect them with what we had been exposed to the past couple days. We were very concerned regarding Amy's continued deterioration as she found very little relief during the night from her constant cough; so I picked up Ava at 9:30 AM so Amy could rest during the day. She sounded horrible and just looked really exhausted. Ava seemed a little better after getting started on antibiotics but still required a little Motrin during the day for fever.

We just hung around resting and taking lots of Vitamin C during the day while helping to entertain Ava. After lunch Nancy got her to take about a 3 hour nap then made a pot of vegetable soup with chicken broth. It wasn't a soup to remember but was probably good for us. Nancy's cough has slowed down with little or no luge's since lunch. I'm a little less washed out and hope maybe we have gotten beyond the infection stage to others. We kept Ava until Tyler came about 5:30 after work to take her home. Nancy sent a pot of the soup home for them for supper as well.

It looks as if we will have decent weather the rest of the weekend with temp's into the low 70's for a high and high 40's for a low. That's pretty much normal for us this time of the year. With the heavy rain this morning I didn't need to hand water the garden. I think I went outside to get the mail and that was about it for this day. Well, will close for now and hope that Amy and Ava are much better tomorrow and that we made the right choice by not infecting others this week end. We had a big weekend planned with family and friends but there is always another day. LATER

1 comment:

MitziMouse said...

So that's why you were not at pickleball on Friday. We were wondering why. We thought it was an emergency or something. Take care and have a plenty of rest!! I was there at 7:40 on Friday and there were Jim,Omar and his children. See you on Monday around 8:00..
Mitsuko