Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday

Well I thought I would get a jump on posting for today as we are having friends over tonight to play cards. Toni and Mark are down from Coldwater, Michigan for a week or so and we use to get together with them to play games going back 30 plus years. Toni's mom and dad were great neighbors and friends for years and still live just across the street. Her dad Mr. Bill has since passed away and Carol (mother)lives alone and is up in years. We or I do little odd jobs from time to time to help her out. We have remained friends over the years.

After my quiet time this morning and a lite breakfast I headed out to the rec on my bike and I wore only my flannel shirt for warmth. The temps were up into the middle 40's and it was actually pleasant compared to the last couple of mornings. We had 3 nets for pickle ball play with 14 players. A raucous good time of play was had by all and by 10 AM we were ready to call it a good workout, especially since we had been there since 7:30. I stopped off at the library on the way home. Nancy was at her 10 AM Bible study at SFBC.

Amy and Ava came about 11:30 for lunch and to give Tyler a chance to get a little work done from home as he was feeling under the weather. We baked up a pizza, fresh salad and I finished the leftover mac and cheese. Pickle ball leaves me ravenous . We played with Ava until it was time for her to head home for her afternoon nap and mine. The weather had since turned nasty after the pleasant morning with rain and quickly falling temp's. The heat is still on as I write and is expecting to drop in the 30's tonight.

Well not much else is going around here except trying to stay warm and looking forward to some sunshine and warmer temp's. LATER.

No comments: