Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday

Well the temp's have surely become more like what we Floridians are accustomed too. It was in the 70's most of the day with a breeze and by Saturday night a strong line of thunderstorms with some lightning stuck around for most of the evening and night with down pours at time. The morning started out with us sleeping in until after 7 then Nancy made us our favorite mountain breakfast; buckwheat cakes with a banana in the batter along with fresh blueberries after our quiet times. I headed out to work in the garden after eating wearing shorts and a t-shirt, it was that warm.

Speaking of the garden I replanted the cuke's, squash and beans and some radishes. The greens are doing well after the cold and 3 'maters plants survived. Two of those survivors I never covered and one survived that was covered, go figure that out. The frost was heavy here for a week, oh well maybe its the variety. These 10 plants that I did have were all volunteers, 9 of which I brought by from my compost pile at the cabin. I have no idea their make except they coudl be of the 3 varieties I had last summer; Roma, big boys and cherry. As long as they eat like a 'mater I'm tickled. About half of the 1/2 runner beans survived so I replanted right alongside of the dad or burned ones. The ones that did make it are blooming again and sending out new runners.

I then mowed the back yard and picked 5 bags of mostly leaves, weeds and a little grass clipping to be use as a mulch and to give my fishin' worms some food as well. Ava came around lunch but we had such a big breakfast we skipped eating anything until later when we all snacked on raw carrots,celery and cucumbers with ranch dressing. We had Ava until late in the evening as Amy and Tyler when looking for a new and bigger vehicle. They found a used Honda Accord with 16K miles and it looks brand new. Ava was thrilled as she climbed around in it when the kids got home.

Dan and Carol came for dinner and we had BBQ ribs, oven spuds, salad, spaghetti squash and sauteed mushrooms. The kids ate with us then left as Ava didn't take a nap. We didn't realize she had a pull-up in her bag and sometimes when she's napping she wees a little. Anyhow I layed down on the bed to read and rest my eye lids and Ava wanted to know if I had a pull-up on. She is so darn cute.

Better go as I need to leave for Element shortly, dedication Sunday for the newly completed classrooms for he kids. LATER

No comments: