Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday

Well the day started out with cool temp's as Nancy had the heat on and by the afternoon I had the windows open. After a breakfast of a left over pancake(microwaved) and my quiet time I rode out to the rec for pickle ball on my bike. It was a North Carolina morning with cool temps, bird singing and sun shining. There was such a freshness in the air that we always compare to the beautiful mornings in the mountains during the summer months.

We had 13 players with 3 courts going and some really fast and furious play. I got in nearly 3 hours as some of us started play around 7:30. I will miss play tomorrow as I have to pick up brother-in-law Eric at the airport in Tampa at 8:30 AM who flies in from Detroit, Mi. He will be in for a treat as today the temp's reached into the 70's with clear skies. After leaving the rec I made a library stop before heading home and hand watering the garden. Ava and Amy came around 11 for lunch as they wanted to head out for shopping after eating. Nancy made a fresh garden salad using my lettuce, kale, beet greens, mustard greens, dill and oregano. These veggies like the cool nights and warm days.

After lunch I gave the rocking chair and end table a second coat of paint then once they dried I hauled them over to Amy's for their front porch. I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the sun in the back yard reading until it was time to help with supper. Nancy made a fresh turnip casserole, fresh Brussel sprouts in Dijon mustard and a couple of baked pork tenderloin chops. Once again real good eatin'. Well will close for now. LATER

1 comment:

DDonald said...

Jerry,
Enjoy your blog. Especially your pickleball stories. Where do you play pickleball in NC? Asking for a couple of reason....know some people who play in NC and I do the website for the USAPA Atlantic South Region and we like to make sure that every pickleball location is listed.

Keep Swinging
rddonald2@gmail.com