Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday











Well what a gorgeous day after a chilly start this morning. It was rather nippy as I pedaled out for pickle ball around 7:25,but as the day progress it warmed to the middle 70's and by late afternoon it was so warm I had to move into the shaded areas in the back yard as I caught up on some reading. After my quiet time and once again a breakfast of oatmeal, cinnamon and a banana I was ready for 2 1/2 hours of play. We had 15 players with a couple newbies for the first time and promises of more to come. It seems the news article opened the flood gates; however we had some great play for about 45 minutes(3 sets) before the late arrivers showed up.

I headed on home after visiting with the Fit for 50 clinic that is held at the rec every 6 months with tons of give aways for health, fitness and what generally interests seniors and retirees. I still think the best medicine is being active for both the body and mind. Speaking of health Nancy seems much better today with just an occasional cough and she even walked 1/2 of her usual neighborhood stroll, Amy and Ava both seem on the way to healing and a full recovery. After a lite lunch Ava and I played out side with her riding her trike on the sidewalk for several houses. She is a fast learner and very tenacious when she has a mind to do something. I will enclose a couple photos of her at not 3 years old pedalling her trike.

While the girls sat out front in the sun with Ava as she did side walk chalk I slipped off to the backyard to read. My oh my was it marvelous soaking up some of that warm sunshine. Amy and Ava headed out about 3 for her afternoon nap so I continued with a great Ann Rule book called a Fever in the Heart. We had a great fried fish for supper with Brussel sprouts in Dijon mustard as well as a wild rice in mushroom sauce. Yumm!!

Well I will close for now and wish all of our northern friends and family a warm day before the next what looks like snow storm hits on Saturday, Yikes 8- 12 inches of the white stuff in the mountains, somebody cut that big toe off and send it to the North Pole. LATER