Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday

The morning found me awake most of the night from the excruciating pain in my left knee, luckily I had a pair of crutches to use which helped with trying to get around as I made myself ready with nurse Nancy's help for a trip to Sparta and to Dr. K's office. The diagnosis was better than I first thought which was some type of tear in the ligaments, tendons or meniscus; the Doc thinks its a politeal cyst that surrounds the knee joint and had burst causing inflammation in the knee and leg. He thinks this should be able to heal with rest, ice, ibuprofen, elevation and compression or rice therapy. I certainly hope he is right and I will listen to his evaluation and advice. Anyhow after the doctor's visit we headed home and I spent the rest of the day either on the bed or couch with an ice pack and the leg elevated except after supper when we played cards with Jodie and Gerald who are up for the week from Raleigh.

Nancy took off after lunch on the golf cart to see Jetta on top of the mountain who was altering her dress for our niece's wedding in July. Joe gave her a couple books for me to read while I'm rehabilitating in the supine position. This is very difficult for me to be still and not move about as I'm wired but by this evening I can see or feel a little progress with the reduction in pain in the leg area so that's a good start. Nancy kept in contact with me while she was at Jetta's with the hand walkie talkie's; she is such a good nurse but a little bossy. I now pretend I have a bell when I need something so I say ring-a-dingy-ding for nurse Nancy; thanks to the idea given to me by Bill, one of my pickle ball buddies in Florida.

We played a couple games of Spades with the neighbors and the gals whupped us big the first game and we came from behind in the second game for a victory. The rubber match will be played tomorrow night as the night slipped up on us. It sure helps keeping the mind off the injury. Nancy made a potato soup for supper which was dewisheous. Its really tricky getting into and out of the shower but so far I've made it without falling or pulling Nancy in with me.

Well thanks to all who have kept me in your thoughts and prayers, LATER

No comments: