Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday

Well it wasn't quite as chilly this morning with temps in the lower 50's but the breeze made it feel cooler. After a 6 AM wake up I could not go back to sleep but I did get close to 8 hrs after that workout yesterday with the rotor tiller in the corn patch, Yikes was I ever whipped especially after that dewisheous veggie soup. After my quiet time and a cup of hot green tea I ventured out with long pants, t-shirt and a flannel shirt, yikes its June 5th; don't misunderstand me I love this weather but its been many many moons since we've had this kind of cool weather. Nancy is running around with sweat suits on and is still complaining of being cold, oh well!!!

We planned on a trip to Galax to pick up her new glasses, order her some reading glasses and have lunch at Subway as well as do some shopping. It was close to 2 before we got back on the hill. We filled up at $3.25 a gallon in Galax so that was a first as well in a long spell. We got back and put away our goodies when neighbors Russ and Linda came by for a visit. We sat outside on the fire circle benches as the sun was shinning brightly and it actually felt good and then it would cloud over and the temps would drop and we would get chilled again. When we left Galax it was 70 and when we climbed the hill to the cabin it had dropped to 62.

After Russ and Linda left we took off on our hike to the top, stopped and visited with Norm. He was thrilled we got the corn patch rotor-tilled and planted then we headed on over to Joe and Jetta's. I brought him a sample of the XS Energy peach tea drink which had no carbonation that Amway distributes. Don't forget that all drinks Amway distributes is buy 2 and get 1 Free this month of June. We visited with them for awhile and it was after 4 when we finally headed down to the cabin.

I picked some fresh cilantro and a couple of hot peppers as we were making guacamole dip from the avocado's we picked up Sunday and wow was that ever good. Nancy shredded some already cooked chicken and then sauteed it with onions, mushrooms in olive oil with chipolte seasoning and then stuffed that into flour tortillas with sour cream and of course I doctored mine up with hot sauce and some taco bell seasoning, wow was that ever dewisheous(Annsley).

After supper and the clean up I headed out to the back woods yard with my sledge hammer and wedges and finally took that oak stump out and down to the ground. Yikes did that ever feel good flexing those unused muscles today and I actually worked up a sweat in the 50's degree with alight mist falling. Nancy yelled out she found the Rays and Yankees on one of the ESPN channels so I decided to clean up the wood and fill in the hole tomorrow besides the mist had turned to a cold light rain. Tomorrow is another trip day up to a local winery in Laurel Springs after lunch where I want to purchase a kit that has all the ingredients for making a batch of  red wine; then we will continue onto Motleys Barbecue for supper with mountain mom Helen and her brother Joe.

Well this nice soft rain should bring on that sweet corn and I can already envision those sweet ears dripping with melted butter and a little salt and pepper as I crunch it from the cob, oh well we will need a little warmer weather to make that happen, LATER

No comments: