Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday

Well it started raining last night about midnight and rained most of the morning then the fog set in and it got cold and damp, yikes it feels like winter. I rolled out around 7 to start the day. After my hot green tea and my quiet time I made a bowl of oatmeal with some blueberries. Nancy finally rolled out about 7 :30 then she had a cup of hot coffee and headed upstairs to do her quiet time. I decided since it was so wet and cold outside I would work down stairs in the basement and get the floor ready for another coat of paint.

I cleaned and vacuumed the floor before rolling on a coat of Lockdown which is a clear liquid that better helps the floor paint adhere to the concrete. I had painted it last year but in places the paint had come loose and it looked tacky so I had a good day for working inside. I worked on the floor until lunch time then had a hot bowl of leftover veggie soup. The rain finally stopped but it was still foggy and wet with rain drippings from the trees. I decided since I had to let the Lockdown dry in the basement before going any further it was a good time to finished the stump job I started last evening after supper. I grabbed the golf cart and loaded it with a rake, hoe and some grass seed and lime and headed out to the stump. I got a golf cart load of wood from the stump then carried 8 buckets of top soil to fill in the hole then planted the grass seed and covered the area with lime and fertilizer.

When it rains the grass that grows in the driveways loosen up enough that you can easily pull it up so I pulled up a large bucket of grass that grows where I don't want it to grow. I then planted it in the barren areas in the back woods yard; putting lots of lime and fertilizer on it. We had planned on going to Laurel Springs and stop at the Thistle Meadow Winery to pick up a bladder of grape juice to make some(Pinot Noir) wine. They also gave me 36 free labels for the bottles with the order. We left there then headed to Motleys Barbecue(getting lost on the way) for supper with Helen and Joe. Nancy and I spilt a rack of ribs which was not nearly as good as the last time we were there to eat. Anyhow many thanks to Joe for the treat.







We headed back to Helen's and took a couple detours on the way. The area is so lush and green but the outside temp's where down right chilly in the 50's. The sun finally came out and brightened things up but the temp didn't get above 55. We headed home around 6:30 and decided to forgo any hike today as Nancy was just to cold so we stayed in and watched the tube. Here are a couple pics of the past couple days, LATER   

No comments: