Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday

Well it was another day that needs to be written about as it was that beautiful. It was in the high 50's this morning with blue skies and bright sunshine and the temps reached the middle 70's in the early afternoon and now at 8 PM it back down into the low 60's. The morning started with me sleeping in until nearly 7 AM and after rolling out I had my usual cup of hot green tea before I started my quiet time. After heading out to check on the gardens I headed in for a couple buckwheat cakes with banana and blue berries in the batter and a couple farm fresh eggs on top. I drowned the cakes in molasses and wow was that ever good.

I had made arrangements to meet neighbor Joe at the corn patch on top at 9:30 to hoe the corn and side dress it with fertilizer. We decided the corn wasn't tall enough to hoe so we will wait until it reaches a little more height before loosening the ground. I headed back down do some piddly jobs like painting an old chair and feeding some of my seedlings. We decided to take our daily hike and we made it up the back trail without stopping to rest and nearly all the way to the top before we took a rest stop.

We saw neighbor Helen and chatted with her awhile about her cruise to Alaska last week then headed on home for a lite lunch of dry Lipton's soup and peanut butter crackers. After lunch I re-painted the chair again as the first coat dried quickly. We decided to take the golf cart out to the mailbox and saw neighbor George Redman with his tractor scraping the hill of our road in from the hard top. We sat and chatted with him for quite a while.



After the golf cart ride we sat on the porch and read for a couple hours in the sun as the air was chilly; despite the sunshine until it was time to fix supper. Nancy made chicken fried deer tenderloin, Jasmine rice and sliced cooked beets, yikes was that ever tasty and we licked the platter clean. Once again thanks to Andy Dalton for the deer meat. After the supper cleanup we planted some Zinnias and then took off on the golf cart to the top of the mountain. We saw Tommy and Lee Cahoon walking along the top of the ridge and chatted with them for a spell then we saw Gordon and Sonja in their yard with 2 Pug puppies so we stopped and played with them and Nancy took some pictures. It was starting to really cool off with the breeze and the sun slowly heading down behind Bullhead Mountain. I was starting to get cold as Nancy has a sweat shirt on and I was still in a t-shirt and cut offs.

Well it was a laid back day and we didn't do a whole lot of big stuff except I helped Nancy get ready for "mountain mom" Helen and her brother Joe and his son Randall tomorrow afternoon to eat with us. I spoke with Paw Paw(my dad) earlier in the day and he having dinner at his youngest daughter, Dee's house in Woodstock  along with his oldest daughter Josie(Sharon) and her husband Wayne. Well, while tomorrow is Fathers Day it's also church day and we will head over to Cornerstone for worship with some great folks, LATER  Enclosed is a couple puppy pics.

No comments: