Sunday, June 24, 2012

Saturday

Well not much has changed with the morning temps being great in the low 60's and with the afternoons reaching near the 80 mark; but a nice gentle breeze with a few high clouds have kept it very pleasant, especially for me as I've been confined to the cabin. Nancy has come in from outside and said how warm it was in the sun, but the inside of the cabin hasn't reached uncomfortable yet. I'm still resting the leg and icing the knee most of the day while in the supine position and with a book in my hands. So far the pain has stayed away and the few times I've been awkward with the crutches and rested the foot on the floor I've noticed no real excruciating pain, so just maybe this therapy will work. Of course if and when I can do away with these crutches I know I must go at a slower pace and change my "charge ahead" attitude. Oh well!!!!

After my cup of tea, wrapped with ice knee, ibuprofen and quiet moments Nancy fried up some bacon and eggs for breakfast. I dipped my egg with a leftover buck wheat cake, yikes they are as good as the day she bakes them. I headed for the laptop to write this post then we got a phone call from our good friends and neighbors in Florida, the Botbyl's. All is well with them as they both still work; he runs the Twill Auto Service in St.Pete and she is an office manager for a doctor's firm in Clearwater. They have been having an exchange woman from Sweden who is over in the U.S.A. doing work for the coalition on human trafficking living with them for the past several months and who is about to return back to her native country.

I spoke with several by phone who were checking up on my sanity as most know this being layed up is driving me nuts. I don't think I went out of the cabin yesterday despite being able to get around on crutches. I'm hoping this not pushing the envelope on getting back to some sort of normalcy with being mobile will pay off. I have enjoyed reading and now I'm about 1/2 way through a novel by Greg Ilies that Gerald brought by the other day. He is a page turner author and I'm looking forward to reading more by him, especially on rainy days.

Well Nancy took off and is doing her daily hikes again and she seems to be doing well despite her moments. I think having to boss me around and and care for my immediate needs has lessen the menopausal ills that have plagued her for months. I'm tickled she seems to be less bothered but not happy that the results are from me being infirmed, oh well. I finished the last of the potato soup and she the salad for lunch.

We had an invite out to the Dalton Ranch for barbecue ribs and all the fixen' for supper but thought it best to take a rain check until I can walk with more assurance. I entertained thoughts of going as Andy is back home and is a great cook especially on the smoker/grill. Anyhow I'm hopeful we can get together later this summer and renew our whupping some gals in Sequence. We do have some raucous games of gals vs guys. We decided instead of ribs at the Dalton's to sauteed yellow squash from Jodi's garden in Raleigh along with onions and garlic and put that over Jasmine rice with a little soy sauce. My gallbladder sure missed getting a workout.

 After the cleanup, neighbors Jodi, Gerald and Gabriel came up and we played domino's and once more the youngster put a number on us. Gabriel even helped us with saving points several times and still cleaned our clocks by a wide margin, Oh well after a whupping in domino's by him he wanted to try 5 Crowns again(as he slaughtered us last night) and his momma, an adult finally squeaked out a win over him on the final hand, but the rest of us were milk toast. Thankfully he is going to a camp in Mouth Of Wilson on Sunday for a week and we adults can get back to one of us winning. We had a fun time until nearly 10 PM; when did that did become late?? LATER

No comments: