Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday

Well its Hot and then more HOT, yikes we went from 30's in the morning to 94 this afternoon and tomorrow is forecasted to be even HOTTER. The morning started with 76 which was warmer than Florida at 70. I can't believe that and there is no rain in the forecast except a possible thunder shower the first of the week, Yikes everything has dried out as well. After our quiet time then a bowl of oatmeal with a fresh peach, banana and blue berries we started the day.

My knee has progressed enough to sit on the riding mower so I spent the next couple hours mowing all the yards. I really hated to because its so dry but it was looking shaggy and Amy and the fam is coming tomorrow and we wanted it looking good from them. Nancy took off with neighbor Jodi and they visited the thrift stores as well as had lunch at the Mustard Seed our favorite lunch diner. I did a few little jobs that didn't require me to exert to much pressure on the leg then I relaxed a couple hours with my leg elevated reading on JOHN ADAMS. That is such an interesting book and really spells out all the different personalities of the founding fathers.

Nancy got home around 2 and wow was it ever getting hot despite a nice breeze. We headed down to the basement and spent a couple hours in the 60+ temps. We moved some of my saws and equipment around in case the Ross Family decides to sleep down there as its really hot upstairs. We turned the attic fan on after the sun went down which helps draw the hot air our from the house but the humidity is on the rise as well. Its been since 1914 N.C. has experienced such hot temps this time of the year, oh well.

Nancy made a fresh salad for supper and that took care of our needs and after the clean up she headed out to water her flower beds then I started the weed whacker for her and she finished the upper yards. I hobbled out on one crutch and managed to hand water the lower gardens. Its still in the 80's at nearly 9 PM. We sure could use a thunder storm to drop these temps down, LATER

No comments: