Friday, June 22, 2012

Thursday

Here I am mostly flat on my back with the left leg elevated about the knee with an ice pack strapped to it as well. This is definitely not what I'm use to but since I over did whatever on this tilted property I'm now paying the price. The severe pain has subsided of which I'm very thankful for but the lack of mobility and independence is very disheartening. I'm hopeful that I will be able to maneuver with out these crutches within a few days as Amy and her family is coming next week.

The morning was the warmest so far this summer with temp's in the 60's but still just a beautiful morning with the bright sunshine peeping over the tree tops and the overhead Carolina blue skies. Nurse Nancy is doing a great job I must say of tending to my care and needs. After a shaky start with the crutches I'm doing a little better and can now move around with some knowledge that I won't fall over while getting up and down. I can sit at the table and computer for small periods of time so that's a plus; anyhow after my cup of green tea and usual regiment of supplements I did my quiet time then Nancy fixed me a couple eggs with a bowl of grits. That held me until supper except for a French Vanilla meal replacement shake from Nutrilite. That's the first time I've tried one of those and they are dewisheous and very nutritious, loaded with lots of good stuff and they can be used for a weight loss product as well. Since I'm not doing any physical activity I certainly don't want to add any extra pounds.

Nancy took off with neighbor Jodi for a couple hours as they perused the shops and stores in down town Sparta and then had lunch at our favorite lunch diner, the Mustard Seed. I'm glad Nancy got to get away from all her nursing duties as I just laid around and read. The girls had a great time together and made some great bargain buys in kids toys and books to have on had when the grand babies come later this summer. Speaking of summer its just fantastic here with a gentle breeze most of the day with temps nearly reaching 80.

I did some catching up on some reading and I've wanted to read some of Bill O'Reillys books and KILLING LINCOLN was one of the very beat and while I'm usually not interested in political type books, but I must tell you he is very in tune with whats going on in our land and with those who proport to be in leadership. Well if you have wondered what is happening to our country when we see where our mainstream media and many politicians are promoting gay marriage, late term abortions as well as the promotion of abortion in general and our underage daughters to have abortions without parental consent, the trying to take any reference to our CREATOR out of daily living or out of the country as a whole then let me assure you its a concerted effort by a group of people who are know as secular-progressives that are behind this movement. There is a strong effort by some very influential folks who want to change the culture as we have know it in the past and they have enacted and are still enacting laws to change America. This is a real threat to this country as we once remember the days of "Father Knows Best" TV shows. That era is gone and replaced with garbage that is being used to turn the family and those values into something that will destroy us the USA from within. Believe me when I say it is happening and my eyes were opened when I started this book and read about 2/3's yesterday. The education system is where the biggest emphasis by the SP's(secular-progressives) is taking place because if they can influence our children they have the foot hold necessary to destroy the traditional values of: GOD, country, families, self control and individualism.The book CULTURE WARRIORS will open your eyes and its written by Bill O'Reilly from Fox News channel and the show, The Factor. I know he is hard to take at times but read the man's book and at least make an effort to understand what is happening to our once traditional values and how WE have let them slip away.

I know many of my friends are liberals and I respect you and your beliefs but this isn't about liberal vs conservatives but about traditional values as the basic of our society. The Constitution is being subverted in subtle ways and we are like a frog in a pot of cold water that is is being heated gradually on the stove until the heat becomes so great we are cooked and dead. We are losing our liberty, our family values and what has made us a beacon in the world to so many for so long; the place where a man can have a better life for his family than his forefathers without fear from a govt that wants to control his life. Well I've said my thoughts about whats going on and I think we have to recognize that America is changing from the Cleaver Day's and Happy Days we once knew and that our grand babies will have to face once again those who want absolute power like the tyrants we fought in WW1 and WW11, Oh well!!!

After a light supper of leftover potato our neighbors and friends Jodi, Gerald and Gabriel came up around 6:30 and we played the rubber match in Spades and it was a give and go match with big score swings and the guys prevailed in a nail biter. The game of hearts was another game with big score swings and Jodi prevailed in a close match. We had lots of laughs, snacks and Gabe entertained us with his running in the back woods yard with a short legged little black dog he befriend running lose in the woods. It was nearly 10 PM when the games ended which helped take my mind off being a cripple for a couple hours and was just what I needed. LATER

No comments: