Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday

Well it was another beautiful morning here in the mountains with a gentle breeze and the temps in the 60's. After the usual cup of hot green tea and my quiet time Nancy and I had a bowl of boring oatmeal with some fresh huckleberries she picked from the side yard. I have a couple very large bushes at the edge of the woods and they are loaded with berries and of course I noticed the robins have located them today as well. Nancy picked a cup or so and my are they dewisheous. They are about 1/2 the size of domestic blueberries but very tasty.

I'm still using the crutches but using them mainly for balance as I started putting more weight on the leg today. I don't want to push this recovery to fast and have to start with total bed rest again, so I'm doing a little more each day as long as the knee stays pain free. I read most of the day until Nancy headed out around 3 PM to help in the kitchen at Cornerstone as the Birdsong Family held a concert there in the evening. The church supplied the family with a meal and then fed the crowd that showed up as well. I stayed home and watched a little baseball and finished a great read titled TRUE EVIL by Greg Ilies.

We spoke with our Florida family and learned our area in Seminole has already received 6 plus inches of rain just today and more is in the forecast from tropical storm Debby which is stationary in the Gulf of Mexico off the west coast of Florida. Yikes there is wide spread flooding as well. We learned this next weekend is supposed to be the hottest so far this summer here in the mountains just in time for our daughter and her family who arrive next Saturday.  Usually when it gets that hot there are thunderstorms which cool off the area quickly and we got a nice shower of rain this afternoon which really dropped the temp's down into the high 60's; so that will make for good sleeping again tonight, LATER

No comments: