Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday

The morning started last night when I headed for bed, unfortunately I lay awake most of the night after drinking a large glass of sweetened iced tea around 7:30. I seldom ever drink anything with caffeine during the day let alone at night, Oh well. We had a light rain almost all night long and up until the mid morning when it finally stopped for a couple hours. I did my usual quiet time and had a bowl of oatmeal before we got ready to head to Galax to pick up Nancy's prescription reading glasses.

We made a stop on the way to dump cans and bottles and anything that wouldn't burn. It rained on us most of the way to town but eventually eased off and we even saw the sun for brief periods. It was a warm rain compared to what we had last week so this should be good for the gardens. Speaking of gardens when I checked the back yard this morning after getting up I noticed 6 black crows in the yard and lower garden. I believe they pulled out a couple squash seedlings as well as scratched around my recently planted bean seeds eating them as well. This is the first year I've experienced such an abundance of the black feathered birds. I know they will pull up corn seedlings to get the dried kernel at the end of the stalk so I had strings across the corn area with white Wal-Mart bags hanging and fluttering in the wind as well as 3 scarecrow's in the garden areas.

We did our shopping and I saw our good friend Kimberley in the garden department and learned her hubby Eddie was on his way back to Salem, Va for his first check -up after the ankle replacement surgery 2 weeks ago. We stayed in Wal-Mart and had a Subway sandwich before grocery shopping and then headed out for the cabin. We stopped at the post office on the way out of town to mail Father's day cards to Paw Paw, Bobby and Tyler. It was after 1 PM when we finally got back to the cabin and I was so sleepy I had to lay down for a 10 minute power nap. The rain was still in a holding pattern despite the low clouds and fog so we headed out to the top of the mountain and managed to get the whole walk in before it started to rain again.

I sat around and read starting the second book of the Hunger Games as the rain kept us in the cabin. This storyline is somewhat juvenile but there was just enough survival techniques to play to my interests; however I'm not usually drawn to any thing that portrays science fiction. I will see after this book if I want to ready the third book. Many thanks to Mechelle for letting me read her books. Nancy spoke with her mom, GG and our daughter Amy before we decided to start supper. I fired up the burner on the grille and pan fried the 3 trout fish Caleb caught on Sat. My oh my where they ever dewisheous and fried to a golden brown. We had Jasmine rice and leftover yellow squash to accompany those beautiful trout.

After the clean up we got into the Fox News channels and that's where we are now as Nancy is wearing out the T.V. flipping or channel surfing during commercials.The Rays are off tonight after taking 3 straight games from the Marlins in as many days,LATER 

No comments: