Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday

Well this was the day we have been waiting for in the mountains with near perfect weather; high 50's to start the day and nearly 80 by the afternoon with no humidity and bright sunshine most of the day. The morning started with a 7' ish wake up or roll out. After a cup of hot green tea I did my quiet time then headed out to check on the gardens then I finished the touch up paint in the basement all before Nancy made a breakfast of left over fried 'taters and scrambled eggs. After eating I headed out with the weed whacker to edge all the yards I had mowed the evening before. I was just about finished when Mechelle Dalton called that Caleb had caught some trout and wanted to know if I wanted them as they aren't trout eaters. I headed out to a creek just off the parkway where a group of kids were fishing an area where it had been stocked with 12-14 inch brook trout the night before.

I finished the weed whacking after cleaning the trout then we headed up on top of the mountain for our daily hike. We stopped and visited with Norm and he needed me to cut a limb off of a hickory tree that was blocking his view of Pilot Mountain. I came back later after a bite to eat to get the wood so I could use it in my smoker. I did some piddling chores the rest of the afternoon until it was time to get ready for Mechelle and Caleb for supper. I grilled some marinated chicken breasts and Nancy fixed yellow squash. Mechelle brought a potato dish and a dewisheous apple pie type dessert which came from Pioneer Woman's cook book. It was so good but very decadent with lots of butter, sugar and a Mountain Dew pored over the top before baking, yikes was it ever great.

After supper Caleb and I shot BB guns and played a couple corn hole games before Gerald and Kay arrived from her 50th high school reunion. Gerald and I got in a game of corn hole before it was time to head in for some Sequence. The girls had been watching the final leg of the Triple Crown horse racing at Belmont Downs and the horse, Union Rags that Nancy initially liked, did win. Too bad the horse I'll Have Another was scratched due to a physical ailment.







Well we got into a heated contest of gals vs guys in Sequence and we smoked them the first 5 games, 4-1 which in all honesty was the best of 7 games which is what we usually play but since they were waiting for Kallie to finish her waitress job we continued to play. Caleb who is 11 years old was up at 4 AM to go fishing was fading fast so we weren't hitting on all cylinders after we initially smoked the gals and they started winning and actually won the next 3 games so we ended up tied at 4 games each. I guess we have to play the rubber game before our next match. They all headed out a little after 9 PM so it was time to wash the dishes and check on baseball scores and make this post. Tomorrow is Sunday and its worship at Cornerstone at 10 so come on out and worship with a sweet group of believers, LATER

No comments: