Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday

Well can you believe I actually slept in until after 7, yikes what is wrong me?? Anyhow I think the late walk out to the mailboxes after supper last night did me in. I'm finally getting use to the quietness here in the mountains and I think no afternoon naps have had an effect on my sleeping in as well. After my wake up and quiet time to reflect and give thanks I had a bowl of boring oatmeal with some fruit before heading out to check on the gardens. I have lots of green onions poking through as well as beets and sweet corn. I'm excited about growing corn for the first time as usually its been an invitation for the deer to have a picnic in my gardens. I now have cukes up as well as 2 kinds of squash.

I decided to repot the Zinnias that reached 6 inches in height into individual pots; of the 20 or so I brought up from Florida only 9 made it thus far. We decided just before lunch to head over to visit with our friend Eddie who had a left ankle replaced on Tuesday. First we stopped at Blue Ridge Farm Supply for some fertilizer then stopped at Saddle Mountain Cafe where we ordered take out "fatboys" for lunch for Eddie and us. Wow I know where the name came from as the burgers was at least a 1/2 pound of meat with cole slaw, onions and mustard, yikes was that ever tasty and the french fries were good as well. While this is a small cafe the place was jumping for lunch. We seldom eat there as Nancy has stomach problems; but the lunch today was excellent. After a short visit I headed up to their stallion quarter horse sables and proceeded to load several 50 pound bags of  horse poop for my compost pile.

We got back around 2 PM then we decided to head out on our hike for the day to the top of the mountain. We took the long way up and saw no one until we reached Joe and Jetta's yard where they were outside working in their garden. Their beans, tomato's and corn are looking good. The weather was weird today which looked like rain at times only to be suddenly bathed in bright sunshine however the temp's didn't much get out of the low 70's which made for good working. It started to sprinkle while we were visiting so we headed off for the cabin as the rain here is usually a cold rain. After getting back from the hike I did a few piddly little odd jobs and then spread some lime on my upper garden's tomato's.

Well it was after 4 and the skies blackened suddenly indicating some some heavy weather was heading our way. I never saw any hail but it sure sounded like it on the tin roof as the rain fell for about 45 minutes. I actually sat down and read for about a 1/2 an hour which I seldom find time to do. Nancy was making fresh broccoli, salad and salmon patties for supper, yumm one of my favorite suppers. Well that's about it for Friday except I will follow the Rays on the Internet as they are tied for first place with the Orioles in the American League.

On a business note; the June promos and specials from our team leaders at Amway are ALL Drinks are buy 2 and get a third one Free. That includes energy XS, antioxidant juices, meal replacement shakes, twist tubes, perfect water, protein shakes, etc. Any drink in the Amway catalog is on special. If any of you are interested I will offer you wholesale prices as well(for even greater savings), just contact me at Amway.com/JNTriplett and I will make you a preferred customer. Check out this opportunity for savings on great products. We love and use many of these products since we have become an IBO(independent business operator),  LATER

No comments: