Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday

Well the unthinkable happened to me this afternoon as we were taking a hike up the mountain. I noticed the past couple weeks that my left knee had been making popping noises occasionally and that a small amount of discomfort would occur but none that was so great to cause me to sit around especially on level ground. Most of the discomfort would happen when walking up and down this tilted land. Well I worked most of the morning in the garden wearing a knee brace which really helped so we decided to take a hike just before lunch and the going up the mountain was no problem but it seemed once I started down from the top the pain and discomfort really became evident so much so I had to stop while Nancy headed down to get the golf cart and drive me back to the cabin. Well I was hurting so much that I actually made an appointment to see my doctor here early in the morning. Luckily Ray Todd a friend and former neighbor had a pair of crutches in his old garage so we headed over to get them which has helped tremendously in my ability to get around as I can not put any weight on that injured knee, Oh well!!!

The morning was much the usual to start with in a 7 Am get up and then my cup of green tea and my quiet time before having the last buckwheat cake with a couple eggs on top and a little molasses on the side. After eating I headed out to check on the gardens and feed my new seedling with some liquid fertilizer. Nancy was hanging laundry out on the clothesline and it appeared to be a great morning with a warm temperature in the low 70's, bright sunshine and just enough breeze to make it comfortable.

Well I've layed around with ice on the injured knee and tried to stay off it the best that I could while reading the afternoon away. KILLING LINCOLN is one of the best ever reads about the ending of the Civil War with the surrender of Lee to Grant at Appomattox and the few days that lead up to the assassination of Lincoln and the story behind John Wilkes Booth. I'm about 1/2 way through as I write this post and its a must read for all who love history.






Nancy made a superb guacamole to go along with marinated chicken breast for supper as the game plan for fajitas changed because I wasn't able to fire the grill up; but supper was tasty despite me being helpless and useless. We are anticipating the next event of getting me in the shower and over the ledge of the tub which should be interesting with only one good leg. How can I say help!!! LATER Here are a few pictures of the new flowers in bloom that Nancy fancies.

No comments: